Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Venting - this has nothing to do with being positive

This is from an article I am reading....it just reminded me of my life......


“I just want to get to a place with someone where I can coast,” he says.
I say, “What do you mean, ‘coast’?”
He says, “You know, not go from crisis to crisis. Just kind of exist together.”
I say, “But you always have to evolve. You have to struggle through tough moments and hold tight during the good ones. Sometimes you can coast, but you can’t get to a place and then coast.”
He says, “You’ve misunderstood me. Of course, I think you need to evolve. I just mean not everything has to be such a struggle.”
I say, “I agree,” but for the rest of our relationship I will remember that word, “coast.” And every time he avoids an argument or refuses to discuss something with me, I will think, Why didn’t I coast out while I could?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

 
Copyright © Creat(ive) WannaBe